Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The banties

  I have 52 babies and they have settled down and eating and drinking.At first they were just crazy but after 5 hours i finally got the right temp. and mixed water in their food and they started eating. I should have at least 20 pullets. That is about how stright run chicks go. 1 pullet for ever 1 1/2 birds, other words 3 chickens , one pullet.
I will have a lot of roosters but i plan on paying a visit to my brother one day when he is at work and dump about 25 roosters in his pen. I can just here him, CAME HOME AND HAD ALL THESE G-- d--- BANTIE ROOSTERS! This will be fun, he loves chickens but he is more incline to want hens not roosters. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

They look pretty well satisified now. Hope they all make it through the first day.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness me how cute - how wonderful to get them from that tiny age.

I am sure all will go well Patsy. I am so glad that you posted photos as I have mentioned it on the blog.

I am so looking forward to seeing their progress.

Lucky lucky you.

Galla Creek said...

Ihope you chicks did ok last
night.