Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Keets, baby guineas




The Guineas Keets are a week old today, young guineas are call keets the adult male is called a cock and the female is called simply a hen. I have been doing research on the keets and if these people are correct it will be 6 weeks before they are fully feathered out. It seems you are more adept to have females than males and they recommend raising 6 keets to assure you will have a cock.
If a flock of guineas are confined you will see the cock mating with more than one hen but if allowed to roam in the wide open spaces the cock mates with only one hen.
Donnie is suppose to come over and work on Janet's pick up today so I need to cook breakfast.
I got 3 quarts of tomatoes in the freezer.
I saw that guy who was head of BP that said he wanted his life back got it they kicked him down a notch and sent him to Russia. note apparently this British petroleum is a global company.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

All I can say is he will need a heavy coat this winter. You could say he was eent to Siberia!

sunny smiles said...

Thank you for the info..I didn't know much about Guineas..Now I do! (: