Friday, August 13, 2010

Half way to hatch



I had been without corn for 2 days and Sammy got a sack yesterday. The hens were happy to see the yellow grain.
My little setting hen has reached the half way mark on her guinea eggs. I hope she will see a hatch even if the babs are not what she is expecting.
I want to put the guinea keets in the larger pen but then I think what if a snake gets in and has breakfast so I am not going to put them in today.
It is hot here. My air condition is working fine, if it would fail I will have to go some where to cool off. I might go see Clayton and stay a month.
My camera Fleta gave me had to have a new battery this morning and I couldn't get the compartment open. I knew it didn't look right and after looking in the book of instructions I realized a plastic slide was missing. I pushed on a small screw looking thing and got it open but if that goes away I guess I will be in trouble. These modern gadgets are made so cheaply and cost so much. Fleta gave 500 dollars for this camera about 4 years ago and you have to hold the flash open with your finger and now this has happen. I believe the manufacture does this on purpose so they can keep selling their wares to the public.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

I have a little Canon my son gave me. After about three years ago the thing failed. I contacted the company and they sent me a box to send it in with and they repaired it free of charge.