Thursday, May 19, 2011

guineas and cucumbers



Today: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

My roses are in full bloom AND THE PEONY IS ALSO.
SAMMY HAS 4 SETTING HENS , JUST 3 WEEKS AGO HE SAID HE DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD GET ANY SETTING HENS. ha.
NURSE DAY AND THE SORES AROUND MY WOUND IS BETTER, NANCY WILL BE DELIGHTED.
I am going to plant cucumber seed this morning. Sammy bought a bag of miracle grow yesterday and I am going to open the sack on its side and punch a few holes in the bottom and plant the seeds right in the sack. I still have my wire I had over the lettuce to keep the guineas out and will lay a piece over the sack and let the vines come up and grow up thro' the wire.
I only have 6 guineas left and I really don't want any more when these go for hawk food. The fools finally stopped roosting on top of the pen and moved into the walnut tree so maybe the leaves give them some cover while they sleep.

No comments: