Monday, July 04, 2011

4th of July


"I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again.
I had a restless night. The thunder and lighting went on all night it seems to me, no rain just noise. I finally arose from my bed and it is 5:07AM and a few drops of rain is falling, very few and now it is past.
The bantam roosters are rejoicing in the cool air. They are all crowing to beat the band.
The tomatoes should be ripe soon if they don't cook first.
Happy birthday to Clayton Jones not Clayton Powell, he is too old to be happy about birthdays.
I saw where President Clinton has told Obama to stand steady against the repubs and their budget terror attracts but I think he is wasting his breath.
I watched an old documentary yesterday about the coal miners in Harlem west Virgina and their efforts to get justice from the owners of the mines in Harlem county in the early 70's. with all the union busting going on these days people should revisit the past and see how the rights of the working poor has been paid for with blood.
Have you noticed all the mistakes and near misses in the airports these days due to the people whom direct traffic ? the air controllers have been caught napping and sometimes just total misbehavior has been reported don't forget that Hollywood actor who was suffering from Alzheimer's while he was president was the fellow who busted the unions of the air traffic controllers.
We must not forget that the governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker has introduced a budget repair proposal that would strip away nearly all collective bargaining rights for most of the state’s public employee unions.
It is the 4Th of July , Independence day but the wage workers in this country have little to celebrated this day.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I too woke at 5 and it was already hot. No thunder no rain in sight here.

Margie's Musings said...

We got some rain. It was wonderful. It went6 from m102 to 70 degrees in an hour.