Sunday, November 13, 2011

Table Rock lake building in progress






and finished. Do you see daddy down there girls working?
He told me how he hung over the side by ropes and worked and how most men were scared to do what he did. He worked over the side of the ship while he was aboard ship during world war 11 He told me he painted the ship while they were in motion. The painting of the ship was constant work year around.
If you look close you can see the rock crusher in the left hand corner, this is where the boy from Green Forest pulled his arm off. He got it caught in the crusher and unable to free his arm the crusher was going to pull him in but he set his feet against a brace and pulled his arm off there by saving his life. His name has escapes me at this time but I will remember later.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I remember Dad sleeping in the daytime. He worked at night.