Thursday, April 25, 2013

CHICKENS

I was talking to Fleta, she said Hannah just love holding the baby chicks, Fleta was afraid  that they would die. I said oh let her hold them if they die they die. after all it not like she is starting a hen factory she has 3 chicks.
That got me to thinking about my past sins. Dad orders a hundred baby chicks one year, I think maybe 1949 , we put them in the old house and my job was to feed and water therm. I got to playing with them . I would take one and see how long I could hold it so it couldn't breath and yet live. If my memory serves me right I held one or two to long and couldn't bring them back to life. I am sure Hannah would never do that..
I have done a lot of things that I am not proud of and this is one.
if it was 49  Clayton would have been 5 years old any way he came to me one day seem the chicks were going under this rock and Clayton was reaching under the rock and bring them back  when a black snake bite Clayton's hand. he told me he didn't even cry. Clayton had been crying a lot and daddy said it was my job to stop him from crying so much. I thought this was a time that called for crying. I took him to daddy and I was crying all the way. Clayton is deadly afraid of black snacks and I think this is the reason.
We HAD ONION HANGING ON THE WALLS IN THE OLD HOUSE. THEY ROTTED AND FELL TO THE FLOOR. THE  CHICKS ATE THE ONIONS AND SOME OF THE CHICKS TASTED LIKE ONIONS WHEN WE FRIED THEM.

No comments: