Wednesday, September 30, 2009

today

My server was down today for several hours. Just can not find anything to do when that happens.
My joints in my legs and right shoulder have been absolutely killing me for a week. It is strange how when this happens I am in constant pain and then some weeks I wont have any trouble at all with the pain.
Jerry Brown may run for governor of California again, he served two terms as governor before they set term limits in the state so he can run if he wishes.
Jerry has had many careers in his life, he has been a monk, mayor of Oakland California, he hosted a call in radio program and has served as attorney general for the state in the last few years.
Brown has run for president 3 times in his life.
When I lived in California from 1961 to 1966 his father Edmund Brown was the governor of California. Jerry Brown is a liberal Democrat and has furnished me with some good laughs over the years. Jerry was born April 7, 1938 and since I was born in '38 we are about the same age.
Jerry Brown quotes..
I like computers. I like the Internet. It's a tool that can be used. But don't be misled into thinking that these technologies are anything other than aspects of a degenerate economic system. Inaction may be the biggest form of action. It looks to me to be obvious that the whole world cannot eat an American diet. Multinational corporations do control. They control the politicians. They control the media. They control the pattern of consumption, entertainment, thinking. They're destroying the planet and laying the foundation for violent outbursts and racial division. Prisons don't rehabilitate, they don't punish, they don't protect, so what the hell do they do? The government is becoming the family of last resort. The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything. Too often I find that the volume of paper expands to fill the available briefcases. We have to deal with where we are. We have to create cooperatives, we have to create intentional communities, we have to work for local cooperation where we are. When the farmer can sell directly to the consumer, it is a more active process. There's more contact. The consumer can know, who am I buying this from? What's their name? Do they have a face? Is the food they are selling coming out of Mexico with pesticides? Where there is a sufficient social movement of self-reliant communities, there can be political change. There must be political change.

No comments: