Tuesday, May 16, 2006

the car.

  This is only car mother ever bought. she bought it the summer before daddy came home in the fall.
I am sure she bought the car so daddy would have a way to find us a home .
When mother went out in it, which wasn't many times, I sat in the back seat and held clayton. it was very slow going up the Denver hill, I prayed all the time as we climbed the hill. Please God let us get to the top. WE alway did and I am sure my prayers were answered other wise we would have ended up in long creek. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Is the house you all lived in
the one behind the car? Is that
the Beck house?

Fleta and I would go to get the
mail up Meek Hill. We were bad
drivers. We would have to shift
down on the hill and never fear we would kill the car. Then we would have to hold the clutch in and push the gas to start the car and hold the break. Oh, it was all too much. One of us would just get out and stoctch the tire with a big rock and then we would finally get it started and get up the hill. I can remember my heart beating fast hoping that we could make it up the hill without killing the engine. Seems so funny now. But it was a nervous feeling then.

patsy said...

yes that was where we lived, the walls were pine and mama built such a hot fire once that the sap ran out of the boards. she opened all the doors and threw water on the fire. mother was not a good driver. i am sure you and fleta were better drivers than mama.

Linda@VS said...

Cute kids!

lilymarlene said...

I love B & W pictures of skinny kids and of old cars. This has both!
I was just such a long skinny kid. It is great looking back at childhood pictures isn't it?

Sister--Fleta said...

So, today is the big chicken day. Have fun.