Sunday, March 22, 2009

sick as a dog


Pugsy is sick. day before yesterday he was throwing up and was breathing hard. The truth is pugsy is a problem dog. I told my son and daughter if he didn't improve or if he was to get worse I would put him down. This was meet with cries of denial and shouts of no!

I can not see letting a animal suffer. I don't understand people who believe that a animal is human. On the brighter side he was much improved yesterday.

I have read that pug dogs have many health problem due to the years of breeding that went into the search for the short nose perfect looking pug.

I know some will not like this but if I have a chicken that is sick and I don't thing it will improve I kill it and if I have a sick dog or cat and death is the only answer I do kill the animal. some time I wish someone would do the same for me.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I do hope Pugsy will get better. I understand when it is time to let one go, its time, even though its hard. We do love them very much and so if there is no other answer, it is the right thing to do. I do have to be sure though, really sure, to feel right about it. For instance, in the case of Hank, my rooster. He got sick, but with injections of penicillin he got better. He is still recovering, getting his weight back on, but it will take some time for that. I don't see animals as necessarily human. Every animal has their own way of showing affection and love though, and that is nice to have around. :) I hope your having a nice Sunday. Hugs, Kelly

Linda said...

Tell Pugsy I'm rooting for him. You are right, pugs do have lots of problems with their breathing. Sometimes their eyelashes grow into their eyes etc. Our pug had a lot of allergies, walked around with his head cocked to one side until we started giving him Prednazone. Pugsy looks like a good breeding job and the better the dog the bigger the problems in these high bred dogs.

I also put animals down when I don't think there's hope for them. The problem now is my vet really doesn't like to put an animal down. I guess that cuts into his income.

Please give Pugsy some more time. Perhaps he'll do better, although I suspect he will have allergies.