Sunday, March 06, 2011

cock of the walk


I went to feed this morning and the head guinea cock was chasing sparrows around the yard of course he didn't catch any but not for the want of trying. I took them out of the pen because they were chasing my chickens. I still have only 9 hanging around in the yard but I believe the others are still among the cedar tree patch across the road.

I am gathering about 12 eggs most days. The hens are much happier with out the company of the guineas.

I am have a great deal of pain in my legs and can only stand for a few minutes so I am not spending much time out there in the mornings. I will be glad if the sun shines today because I will go out and set in the sun shine for a while.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Patsy, Guineas have always fascinated me the way they yell or scream and run about. Nothing is going to slip up on you with them around. I sure hope your legs are better and you are not in a lot of pain. I think some good hot sun would make us all feel a lot better. I need a good dose of sunshine, too. I sit on my patio in the summer in the sun just to feel the warmth of it on my face and arms. I have always been a sun worshiper. lol.