Friday, April 29, 2011

Elvis


Hero worship is a poor pass time. I out grew this in my early 20's but my sister has this thing about Elvis Presley.
He has been in the grave since 1977. he was a drug addict no doubt. he surely had eating bulimia and then used speed to lose weight. If he was alive he would be 76 years old.
He was able to sing but I think not any better than some others of his day. there is a cult that believed he was not dead but faked his death.
He probably was alone even while the crowds swooned at his feet while he lived.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Love me tender.

Sister--Helen said...

He was a troubled soul but I do believe he could sing better than anyone I have ever heard. I especially like his christian music. But I certainly do not hero worship him I think he was a man that never had any peace of mind...and piece of mind is one of the best things you can have in this life.
Rhea King has told me many times about Marvin's Mother who had a very hard life living with her husband, she used to say, 'I just wish I could have some peace.' I could always relate to that. It is pretty nice to finally have some peace.