Monday, May 30, 2011

sale chicks and 4 new hatch




I think summer has arrived.
Sammy has been moving his sale chicks to another pen. He had another little yellow chick in the hen house today. One of his setting hens is part silkie and she is calling the barred hens chicks to her as soon as they can walk. I don't know how she does this but she does and the barred hen is very up set.
I have a puzzle, I let Donnie's wife get some lettuce and I showed her how to cut it off with the scissors. I have done this a hundred times over the years and it grows back but the lettuce she cut off, it died . I never saw any thing like it in my life. I don't know why, maybe she had something on her hands that killed it or perhaps she crushed the stems. I have heard of people having a black thumb instead of a green thumb maybe she has a black thumb.

No comments: