Wednesday, May 04, 2011

starting the day with a short walk





Today: Sunny, with a high near 68. Southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

I went for a walk to let the dogs out and throw some feed to the guineas and bantams. The Dew was heavy on the grass and I pulled some weeds for the bantams which they love. I gathered the eggs which hadn't been gathered in 3 days. There were 15 eggs in the nest so that means 5 of the bantams are laying. The hen I set yesterday wasn't setting after all so I brought all the eggs in. The barred hen is due to hatch in 5 days.


I only have 7 guineas left but that is plenty . They are still coming up for food every time I open the door and come out on the porch.







No comments: