Wednesday, February 15, 2012

dumplins my way


chicken and dumplings my way, if you roll out dough and cut in strips your dumplings will soak up more broth and taste much better.
Place the dumplings in the broths while the broth is a boiling cook the dumplings until done.
about 3 cups cooked chicken6-8 cups chicken broth 2 cups flour2 Tbs. butter1/2 tsp. baking powder salt to taste (I just shake some in)about a cup of milk, maybe a bit less In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.Heavily flour a work surface. You’ll need a rolling pin and something to cut the dumplings with. I like to use a pizza cutter. I also like to use a small spatula to lift the dumplings off the cutting surface.
put the dumplings in the boiling broth and cook until done.

4 comments:

Linda@VS said...

OMG that looks good!!! I can smell it from here.

Galla Creek said...

They sure look good! I had a bowl of cereal...that looks better.

Sister--Fleta said...

I do not even like the dumplings. I like the chicken, so I like fast dumplings.

Sister--Helen said...

who did you steal this from