Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept. 24

Clayton was born on this day in history. We were staying with grandpa Powell  which I liked.
There came a night when I was woke  from a sound sleep by grandma Powell. She was moving me and Richard into the back bed room , we were sleeping in the middle bed room with Mama.
 I remember saying I wanted mama and grandma said you sleep in here , Betty Lou will be home and she will sleep with you. I went right back to sleep and the next thing I knew grandma was waking us again. She wouldn't let a fellow get any sleep. She led me and Richard into the front bed room where mama was in bed with a new baby. the doctor was in the room and he had grandma's wash pan looking at some bloody mess and said I think that is all of it.
I know now he was talking about the after birth but at the time I just wanted to go back to sleep which I did. I wasn't very impressed with this new baby.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

you are the only person alive that remembers this.

Donna. W said...

My favorite entries you do are the "walks down memory lane".