Sunday, September 27, 2009

19 weeks old hatchery chicks.




I went to feed and the chickens were running wild . The pullets stay in the one pen. They have to go threw the hen house to get to the other pen, I thought they don't know it is there so I caught 4 and moved them into the other pen. They went right back to the old pen so I learned they just don't want to go into the other pen.
I should start getting eggs from the pullets soon. They are 19 weeks old today and the 4 pullets the bantam hen hatched out are 22 weeks old.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Pat, Larry will be glad to cut the Forsythia back to nothing...glad to hear that is what need be done. Then I can leave the rose of sharon. I am going to take a better photo today so you can tell me for sure it is a forsythia...I know Larry's Mom had one but then there are two other bushes that I can't id...I will post them so you can tell me what they are. I don't like fire in the bush so I dug it up. I think it is like a weed.

Donna. W said...

I envy you those chickens. I just want two or three, but I can't convince Cliff.