Tuesday, January 29, 2008

February


I am dreaming of spring and flowers and baby chicks. I have an assortment of seed catalog and hatchery chicken books.
I have been reading on the net that you can grow potatoes in boxes of dirt. I have a supply of boxes where my daughter works and my son will haul me good rich dirt so in march I may have a row of cardboard in the yard trying to grow a few potatoes. Potato prices have gone out of sight so they would be Worth the effort.
It is warm this morning but the wind is blowing hard. I stayed out when I went to feed the chicks for awhile but finally decided I was going to get blown away.
The weather forecasters are calling for snow Thursday. I hope they are wrong.
My wound is almost healed. I hope it continues to heal.
If my wound would heal I would get my weed eater out and clear out the dead grass in the flower and onion beds.
Spring is such a good time of year and makes me glad to be alive.
My daughter took one of my Hillary bumperer stickers to work to show off. She left it in her work area called the cage, this is where she supplies the workers with gloves and uniforms, One of her duties is cleaning the break room as she was working at that someone went into the cage and stole her bumper sticker. I thought I might not be able to give them away.
People are really strange, once while I was working I took some bandy eggs to a friend. A lady came into the cage and when she was gone i notices some of my eggs were missing. I thought what a shame i would have gave her the box of eggs if I had known she needed them.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Only twice have I had something stolen from me, both times at work. It's surprising, isn't it, when you find someone has taken something fairly insignificant.

I read recently that shoplifting is so common that almost everyone has done it as some point in their lives. Maybe this is a little like shoplifting, taking from someone you work with.

It does look like Spring here in Little Rock today. The sun is shining and the breezes are warm and moist.

dot said...

That's great news about your wound. I hope it continues to heal.
Someone use to "borrow" my coffee cup and stethoscope until I put a lock on my locker. It seems nothing is safe any more.

dot said...

Patsy, the little pond is behind Tina's house. Yes there are fish in there.

Anonymous said...

Someone stole the coffee creamer from the coffee area at school. someone stole the sweet and low. the secretary said she bought sugar and sweet and low one day and the next they were gone. Seems strange....This could not be kids as they are not in that area, i had a girl stealing from my purse at school...poor thing. I moved my purse. she would steal from me the day i had duty. after i figured it out i noticed she would say 'today you have duty,,,reminding me. so she could get in my purse. she was already a pro and in the 7th grade.

Sis