Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Harry Smith on Obama

Published: January 29, 2008 12:30 PM ET

NEW YORK You can't say that the thought had not already occurred to millions, but still it was a surprise to watch CBS morning guy Harry Smith raising today the question of Barack Obama getting assassinated -- with Ted Kennedy, no less.

According to the video, Smith asked, "When you see that enthusiasm [for Obama] though, and when you see the generational change that seems to be taking place before our eyes, does it make you at all fearful?"

Kennedy seemed to not know what Smith was hinting at -- although he did stutter a bit -- and offered a bland reply about a "new generation."

I am sure Kennedy knew exactly what Smith was saying. no one has had the audacity to say this until now but I am sure it is a real possibility.
I wonder who Teddy has in mind for the Vice Presidenty?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a shocking thing for a presenter to say - don't you think?

Betty said...

You bet Teddy knew what Smith meant. He just didn't take the bait. Smith should never have asked that question.

Annie said...

I do think it's on everyone's list of fears.

Sister--Helen said...

Boy me and Patsy talked about it more than once...I do not think Obama surrounded himself with people that would have taken a bullet for him...I told Pat more than once If I was Obama I would get Michelle's brothers and have them trained and have them guard me...with BIG guns.... and yes Fleta...I posted about Trump this morning..It made me really pissed off...Then I read what you said about Patsy and yes If she was here and her old self it would be an amusing post to read every day...I had to laugh at that and it lightened my thoughts... Now our Betty from Harrison could do a good job of amusing us but I think she is tired...