Tuesday, August 23, 2011

for Betty



Here is that delightful boy, straight and upright.

Janet paid for our winters fuel yesterday. I wont have to save all winter to buy gas unless The repubs decide to take my check away from me and buy tea.


Fleta called to see if I had lost my mind buying a book for 11 dollars when I could get it at the library for Nada. I explained that I am not able to stand and search for books at the library now and Janet doesn't always want to return them , she always does but she groans about it sometimes and I am always afraid she might loose them. I can order them on line and since we have two cars now I may start that. The ladies at he Library will pull them for me and Sammy likes to go and so he would return them with out groans.


What I would really like is one of those" books" Donna talks about I think she calls it a kindle. Apparently she can get what ever she wants on it. I would spend my whole check buying books and maybe then I could loose weight since that would cut back on my eating.


Truth be told the 11 dollar book cost me nothing. Janet Paid at the counter, the only thing was I didn't know ahead of time she was paying for mine or I would have bought lots more books.



4 comments:

Judy said...

I can't wait to see that movie and read the book. So many people have told me they are both great. I will wait until it comes out on DVD to watch the movie. All the food was prepared by real Southern cooks for the movie. Here is a link about the food. Thought you might like to check it out: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-help-southern-food

Enjoy your book. We are having some beautiful weather here and I am enjoying that for sure.

Anonymous said...

Laura told me about those reader things...those books are still too expensive for me. Your 11 book might have been 7 or so. I am glad you have a book to read.

I use a net to catch my chickens. It is larry's fishing one.

It is hot again today. I am so tired of the heat.

I tried turning the gun safe in 2 of my programs. Glad you could get it done. Greg likes guns and this will keep the kids out of them.

Donna. W said...

Patsy, I don't pay for books for my Nook reader; I get them at the library, and I do that sitting at home!

..."unless The repubs decide to take my check away from me and buy tea."
That cracks me up.

Margie's Musings said...

I have a kindle. The kids gave it to me for Christmas. I love it!